Payments to the school may be made via our secure on-line system, www.scopay.com/thornden. All trips will be made available for payment by this method. If you are experiencing any difficulties with this payment method, please contact Mrs Louise Brown in our Finance Department.
We would prefer to receive payments in this way but if you do need to send in a cheque, please ensure that the name of the pupil and their tutor group is written on the reverse together with what the payment is for. We also accept payment in cash.
Canteen top-ups can also be made online. Cheque payments (cheques payable to “HC3S”) should be addressed to the Canteen. The name and tutor group of the pupil should be written on the back of the cheque.
The canteen’s cashless system has brought about a number of important benefits:
- A faster, more efficient service, so that queuing time is reduced.
- Parents/carers can pay in advance by cheque for the students’ meals, cutting out the need for students to carry cash.
- Parents/carers can have confidence that dinner money is being used for the intended purpose.
- Students entitled to free meals will have a daily credit automatically applied to their account so that the entitlement remains completely confidential.
- The system places a daily spending limit on each account.
- The systemcan be used to encourage ‘healthy eating’ and parents/carers if they so wish can monitor their child’s choices!
- It is a secure system and students can only access their own account.
How are students and staff recognised by the system? All students and staff will be registered by biometric measurement and photograph. The biometric measurement involves the measurement of a number of points on a finger. This information is then converted and stored as a unique number. Parents/carers, staff and students can rest assured that the fingerprint information held cannot be re-converted back into an image of the fingerprint, nor can it be used for any other source for identification purposes.
N.B. if for any reason you do not wish to use this system, the student can always bring a packed lunch to school, or have access to a pre-paid card system which will allow them to purchase from the school canteen (There will be a replacement charge of £5.00 for any lost cards)
New Intake On-Line Payment System
A student link code will be provided by email within the first week of the Autumn Term.
Students can top up their Canteen Accounts by bringing in Cheques payable to 'HC3S' or Cash in September until the Online payment system is available.
If you have any queries please contact the Finance Office.
Year 6 Parents
Details to follow in September