Multi Academy Trust
HISP Multi Academy Trust believe in building excellent educational environments that inspire and unlock potential in all our school communities. We currently have three schools within our Trust covering the age ranges from nursery to 16 with plans to expand and grow quickly across our geographical location.
Whilst we are currently a small trust, we are ambitious and have a broad range of outward facing accreditations that support our schools and those within our local area. We are part of the Education Endowment Foundation Network with our HISP Research School. Evidence informed practice underpins our ethos, professional development and school improvement. We have an outstanding provision for training new teachers through our Hampshire SCITT Partnership, which also supports career progression for staff within our Trust and links to higher education. We have recently been designated, by the DfE, with two Teaching School Hubs covering Portsmouth, Southampton, the Isle of Wight and the South Eastern and South Western parts of Hampshire. The core purpose behind the Teaching School Hubs is to become centres of excellence for teaching and leadership training and development.
Academic outcomes are important and schools, Academy Committees and Trustees will have an active role in ensuring that opportunities and outcomes are strong.
Extract from Articles of Association
- to advance for the public benefit education in the United Kingdom, in particular but without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, by establishing, maintaining, carrying on, managing and developing schools offering a broad and balanced curriculum (“the mainstream Academies”) or educational institutions which are principally concerned with providing full-time or part-time education for children of compulsory school age who, by reason of illness, exclusion from school or otherwise, may not for any period receive suitable education unless alternative provision is made for them (“the alternative provision Academies”) or 16 to 19 Academies offering a curriculum appropriate to the needs of its students (“the 16 to 19 Academies”) or schools specially organised to make special educational provision for pupils with Special Educational Needs (“the Special Academies”)
- to promote for the benefit of individuals living in Hampshire, the Isle of Wight, Southampton and Portsmouth or any county or unitary authority in which an Academy is located who have need by reason of their age, infirmity or disability, financial hardship or social and economic circumstances or for the public at large the provision of facilities for recreation or other leisure time activities in the interests of social welfare and with the object of improving the condition of life of the said individuals.
- Mr Derek Boden
- Dr Veronica Radford
- Mrs Sue Allen
- Mr Tim Ricketts
- Mr Jonathan Johnson (resigned December 2020)
- Mrs Liz Challand (resigned July 2020)
- Mrs Amanda Hunter
- Mr Keith Graham (resigned October 2020)
- Mr Andrew Parr, Chair of Trust Board
- Mr Phil Sampson
- Miss Su Whelan, CEO of HISP MAT
HISP Multi Academy Trust
c/o Thornden School
Tel: 02382 541374
Company no. 07562918
Registered in England and Wales